|Strategies, Plans, Projects, and Innovations go wrong because planning teams (from board-level down) make Thinking Errors that only become evident when things go wrong|
The 10 root causes of
1. Teams don’t think how
they think when planning (metacognition).
2. Rigid, inflexible thinking. Teams get stuck in one way of thinking, which can lead to tunnel vision or missing 'obvious' mistakes or good ideas.
3. Teams don’t identify, then work through, an
4. Teams don’t think how they should think (which Thinking Styles to engage) at each stage in a Thinking Process.
5. Teams may think in the wrong way - can lead to vague or wrong goals, or the wrong problem identified.
6. They may all think the same way (naturally - because all members have similar Preferred Thinking Styles, or by GroupThink – caused by a lack of a facilitator).
7. They don’t use Thinking Tools to guide and stimulate their thinking (such as our Thinking Styles Descriptors and mental Prompts).
8. The team leader can have a major impact on the team’s clear thinking. It is essential to understand which Leadership Role and Style to adopt at any stage.
9. All teams are highly subjective – they all suffer from emotional involvement and can miss a blindingly obvious mistake (obvious in hindsight).
10. Delusion that everybody thinks that they are thinking clearly.
|Why Communications Go
What really affects Business Performance
How to Improve Business Performance – a Summary of our Services
|Have a Demo||Email us for an introductory discussion and demonstration of our 4-stage Clear Thinking Process applied to any aspect of your business.|